Friday, March 27, 2009

{When one door closes...}

Last night I got home from work around 2:45am {I work crazy hours supervising a 24/7 Call Center}. Well...I went into the kitchen to get my nightly glass of milk and I heard Brayden start to cry. I waited for a few seconds, and he only got louder and louder...
{crescendo style whaling started to ensue}.
We don't do the "let him cry it out" thing, so I quickly grabbed a bottle and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. My eyes had not had time to focus yet because it was pitch black up there. I thought the bedroom door was wide open and I could have swore that I spotted the alarm clock on the night stand as I ran down the hallway to calm Brayden.
All of sudden......BAM!!!........
{the door was shut}.
Thankfully, when I hit it as hard as I did with my foot {toes actually} it came unlatched and swung open full speed hitting the wall with a huge BOOM sure to freak anyone out!
Ron almost fell out of the bed as he was leaning over Brayden's crib because he thought someone had broken into the house with the door
flying open like that!
As I tried to gain my senses, get the bottle over to them, while dodging stepping on or tripping over {our two very black and hard to see labs}, hopping on one leg because said toes were throbbing & trying to catch my breath from my sprint up the stairs...I thought to myself, "seriously?"
These kind of strange things always seem to happen to me...must be something I learned in Spaz 101 along the way somewhere.
God knows when I told Ron that I had thought....
the. door. was .open...
he got a heck of a good chuckle out of it.
Good to know I can still make him laugh after all these years.
{So}....
When one door closes, another door opens....{obviously}.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Ok, I'm sure that totally freaked you out but I couldn't help laughing as I read this! Great story!