Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PhotoStory Friday!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


A Halloween Picture Story
Growing up my mother was a seamstress. She was and still is one of the most talented and creative people I know. I SHOULD dig out old pictures and scan them of costumes she has created and sewn in her day-and believe me, there are many. She worked for many years at the Theater and for the Summer Playhouses' designing and sewing costumes for everything from the Wizard of Oz to Damn Yankees! She is amazing.
She always used to teach me how to sew-but I really never thought I would have the ability to create things on a whim-in one night (as she did many many times), nor that my creations would be worthy of actually wearing. When I had Brayden, Ron challenged me to make my first "costume". His idea was this Baseball Glove-with Braydens head being the actual ball:
HPIM1769
I pulled an all nighter making this thing-using nothing other than Ron's actual baseball glove to look at as I nervously created this in the dining room. I was bound and determined. When I finally finished it and actually fit Brayden into it-I called my mother with a HUGE "woot-woot" because I knew she would be SO proud of me...and she was ;-) Pictured here is Brayden being a totally pleasing-cooperative & (trusting) child-God Bless him ;-)
HPIM1756
So...Halloween year II: We had a hard time coming up with any idea that would surpass the last year-and Ron wanted me to make something again! I ended up with the flu the week of Halloween and tried to come up with something ever.so.simple-that would still be familiar and fun! Jack Jack from the Incredibles it was...alas a simple project. Red Jammies with feet-some felt and voila-Mommy rocks! We even put some mousse in his hair for the whole mohawk affect! This costume only took me about two hours in the dining room-so I was more than pleased to say the least ;-)
2990218369_19de52da01
2990177589_072b9bb15d
Halloween #3: Grandma??? This year is all you :-)

12 comments:

Wayne said...

what a great story and I love the incredibles costume. great photo friday

Chris said...

Great job on both costumes, but that baseball mit is one of the best, and most original costumes I've ever seen!

Unknown said...

Hi
Thanks for visiting me on my blog.
The baseball mitt is adorable!
So is your little boy...:)
xo
Chrissie Grace

Unknown said...

Hi
Thanks for visiting me on my blog.
The baseball mitt is adorable!
So is your little boy...:)
xo
Chrissie Grace

Cecily R said...

Holy CRAP! Mommy DOES rock! I am thrilled if I can tie my kids' shoes...that mitt is amazing!!!

Emily said...

That little baseball is so cute!! Love that costume. My son was a football for his first Halloween.

Pam Emmons said...

That is one awesome costume! You should get an award for that!

tiarastantrums said...

lovely - cute little bugger!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

OMG, the glove and ball is a fabulous costume!! Ever so clever! You my dear have talent!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I LOVE the baseball and glove! That is AWESOME!!!!

Victoria Strong said...

Thank you so much for posting the links to our blog and to the Petition to Cure SMA. I am so encouraged by the willingness of others to help raise awareness about this little known, but all too common infant killer. Thank you so, so much.

And your baseball mitt costume is the most awesome infant costume I have ever seen!!!

Mommy Mac said...

Holy cow! He was a baseball and a mitt???!!! Creative!!!!

I adore Halloween and get so excited just thinking of that time of year!

Love the photos!

Hippity hop on over to my blog...you were one of several winners!!!!

.mac :)