Sunday, November 22, 2009

Once in a Lifetime...

I remember the day Brayden was born.  We woke up at 4 am to be at the hospital by 5:30 am to start Pre-Op for my scheduled C-Section.  We took pictures that morning of my belly, gave the dogs lots of loves, made sure the house was perfect for his arrival at home, and went out the door with bags packed, raring to go. 

For the first minute or so of our ride to the hospital, the car was silent.  We were both so nervous.  We were worried about Brayden's lungs possibly not being developed enough once delivered, and what that could mean for him.  I think we were both quietly praying in that moment of silence. 

Ron reached over and turned the radio on.  Then he held my hand.  The sun was just starting to shine as we drove down the street headed toward the hospital. 

I am a firm believer in signs.  Signs from God, and our Guardian angels.  There have been many times in my life when a song will come on the radio that just literally speaks volumes to me.  I know it's a sign.  It's something grand in the works of the scheme of things going through my mind at that moment.  It's my reassurance at that time things will be fine.  It gives me relief, and stronger faith. 

This was the song that started to play just moments after our hands intertwined as our stomachs were both in knots.  Knots of fear, excitement, and the unknown.  I happened to look right at a ray of sunshine peaking through some trees in the car that morning just as the lyrics sang "the sun is shining, on a brand new day".

I looked at Ron and had tears in my eyes and said..."this is like the most perfect song we could possibly hear right now, don't you think?"  He gave me a very scared, timid, sensitive look back and nodded his head yes with a set of his own tears.

We were silent once again just taking in the words and meaning for us from this song. It was a perfect moment, in our once in a lifetime day.
 It was in fact a brand new day for us, like no other we had ever experienced, or that we would ever experience again. 
The day our first born was delivered as healthy as can be to us from God.

To this day, this song can instantly bring me to tears.
 It's beautiful.

"Keith Urban-Once in a Lifetime"

1 comment:

Mrs. K said...

Wow...don't you just love those moments?! :)