Tuesday, November 17, 2009

35 things I will do before I turn 35...

I am participating in Chrissie Grace's linky party this week. She wanted a list...I just loved her list HERE.

Here is my list of things I will do before I turn 35.
{in no special order}
1. Get off of Prednisone
Then get back on Humira {insurance permitting}, and Forteo {my osteo med}, rebuild my bones, and take better care of myself. This includes losing all of the prednisone water weight I have gained {which is always fun}.
2. Grow my hair long again
I have always had long hair, but decided to cut it shortly after Brayden was born. I ended up turning into one of those Mommies who stopped caring about my appearance after my child was born. This Mama needs to get her groove back {and my looks!}.
3. Go back to College {get a Masters Degree}
After many years of working without a degree, I have finally found myself in a position where I need one. I will be starting school this Spring {as I have an opportunity to have a two year degree completely paid for} for Healthcare Administration. With a Masters degree, it would enable me to make in upwards of 100K + a year once I am done with school. This would be so wonderful to do by 35! It would help our family, and Braydens future tremendously.
4. Start my own etsy shop
I love being creative, and have so many different ideas for things to put in my shop I have been dreaming of. I would love to do this soon.
5. Volunteer more
I love volunteering. I want to do this more, really be dedicated to at least 3 different organizations or causes per year. I want Brayden to learn and do this with me...what a great learning opportunity for your children to embrace giving and empathy.
6. Get involved in a Church
I really want to find a church my family can grow with and love. It is something I have wanted to do for awhile now. I also want to be in the choir-I miss music...I would love to do this again.
7. Get back into local theater
Growing up I lived at the theater. My mother was a costume designer for years for many different theaters in town, and I have been in musicals since I was 4 years old. I want Brayden to love it too, experience it like I did, and have fun with it. I need to be in more shows-they are so fun, and I have not done it in years. I also want to direct a show, or do costumes for one myself!
8. Learn to really cook
I have been dabbling this last year with cooking more than I ever have in my life. I actually really enjoy it. Now I just need to get good at it.
10. Learn to Can
Something I have always wanted to learn to do. How fun would that be?
11. Learn to Quilt
I can sew, but quilting eludes me. I really want to make quilts...I know it's a rare act of patience, but I am so fascinated by it.
12. Pay off/down my debts
I have a lot of debt. A LOT of debt. I really want to clean up my credit, and start paying down this debt soon. Ron and I would LOVE to buy a house by the time I'm 35. We are tired of renting.
13. Exercise faithfully
I need to do this for my health. I want to strive to be as healthy as possible. I could not imagine missing Brayden's life if something were to happen to me. One of my worst fears.
14. Spend more time with old friends
I don't dedicate enough time for this in my life. Although I have girlfriends I grew up with that are STILL my best gals to this day-we don't spend nearly enough time together. I am going to make it a point to make time for this and them more often.
15. Finish writing my book
I have been writing a book for years now. It's not done, and in all honesty-I have not touched it in over a year. It's a funny book with all of my strange life experiences in it. Published or not, at least Brayden will have it someday when he is older. I would love to finish my life up until now by the time I am 35.
16. Take Brayden to Disney
We would love to take Brayden to Disney, stay at Disney for at least a week would be so much fun. We have looked forward to doing that for quite some time now. We want to wait until he is a little older so he can truly embrace it.
17. Start a Homeless Organization for Education and Rehabilitation
I have always had a soft spot for Homeless people. I have been playing with a thought for awhile now about starting or doing something that would enable homeless people or {families} to get back on their feet. I have been thinking even more about it lately with our horrible economy.
18. Take a trip to California
19. Learn to live frugally, and save money.
20. Spend as much time with family as possible.
21. Convert the blog to a book each year. {the whole reason I started the blog in the first place}.
Each year I plan to do this so Brayden has books of each year of this life, our life, etc...for when he is older.
22. Start a small photography business
I need a good camera first...but I would love to take professional photos and start my own small photography business.
23. Have another baby
We would really love to have another baby {health permitting} sometime in the near future. I really want Brayden to have at least one sibling to antagonize ;-)
24. Brayden in swim classes
I just think this would be such a great thing for him, and it is such a great skill to learn early on.
25. To have a wood workshop
I want a wood workshop. Yes-tools, saws, the whole nine yards. Then I could build things. I know I could !
26. Take a woodworking class ;-)
27. Move to Georgia
This is something we have wanted to do for awhile, but it is not in the cards for us right now. Hopefully in a few years...this is where we will end up living.
28. Take a Cruise
I have always wanted to do this. My hubby has been promising we will do it someday soon. I cannot wait. {he is a little scared though}...so I may have to plan one with my Mom and girlfriends, Aunt, nieces, sisters inlaws...how much fun would that be?
29. Go to the Keys for a vacation.
30. Just play with Brayden as much as I can, and take in all the new things he is learning. I don't want to miss a single moment of his life.
31. Go on a family vacation to Mexico, Cancun preferrably.
32. Get caught up on my scrapbooks, organize all of my photos.
33. Finish all of my decorating projects I have in mind.
34. Start doing yoga/pilates.
35. Buy a cheap cheap house we can restore slowly.

3 comments:

luci said...

Wow! What a list! all the best with it!

Unknown said...

#7 and 17 are my favorites.
I can't wait to see you blog about them when you are able to cross them off your list!:)
xo
Chrissie Grace

Mrs. K said...

Excellent list :)
I definitely recommend the cruise. Best vacation I have ever taken!