Sunday, July 26, 2009

Singing in the Rain

Brayden was getting a little freaked out with thunderstorms recently. He seemed to not like the thunder, the loud torrential rain hitting the windows, or anything that goes along with it. I really did not want him to be frightened of thunderstorms! When I was little my mother would always let me stand at the door and watch them, and we would ooohhh and ahhhh over them. Rain is tranquil to me now because of it. Sometimes my Mom and I would sit together on the porch eating Popsicles and watching storms pass through, and I loved it...still do.
So...promptly I started smiling and oooh-ing and aaah-ing each time it would thunder. Brayden started to smile as well, and this seemed to peak his curiosity. One day recently we were having all sorts of storms all day long. He was fascinated by watching the rain from the sliding glass door. Since there was absolutely NO lightning whatsoever...I decided we would go and play in the rain.
As soon as I opened the door, he ran out into the rain and reached his little hands up in the air-all the while giggling and stomping his feet. He was so free and happy, and getting wet made this even more fun for him. He kept squinting his eyes while rain drops landed on his face. He even stuck his tongue out. I was gut laughing! I walked him to the end of the driveway so he could see the water rushing down the street...and he swiftly decided it was time to sit, splash and embrace this thunderstorm. It was beautiful and fun. I felt as free and childish as he did. I decided to join in on the splashing while Daddy stood under cover laughing at us ;-) and taking pictures. I love you Buddy, thank you for reminding Mommy that it's the little things that make the best moments in life, and I am so glad we made this one together. Here's to more memories like these Bray ;-)
1009435
1009436

No comments: