Thursday, December 24, 2009

This Christmas...

The other night we got Brayden dressed all snug and comfy in his new jammies he got for Christmas from Grandma Strong.  We took him upstairs and snuggled in our bed with him watching cartoons.  He giggled and played under the blankets and pillows...offered hugs and kisses {several of them}, and enjoyed our undivided attention.

It was beautiful.


It's that same feeling you have as child when you recieve that gift for Christmas you so longed for, and you endlessly play with it and enjoy it to no end. 


Brayden-we longed for you.  So many nights we would dream about having you, what it would be like to give you tubbies, take you to baseball games, and play with you....endlessly.


We longed for our time to share our home and love with our child, decorating the tree, baking cookies, playing in the snow, and reading to you.  We prayed for you so many times.  We pray for you still.


You are that big shiny present on Christmas morning.  You my child...are a gift from God...plain and simple.


We are so blessed.

Christmas is different for me now that I am a Mommy.  I am no longer wondering what gifts I am going to get...yet spend so much time wondering what I should get you.  I wonder if you will understand what Christmas is all about as you get older.  I wonder if you will be motivated to help others, be kind and caring and selfless.  I hope you give more than you want or recieve in life.  I hope you feel God's presence in your life like I know he is in mine.  I hope you understand the true meaning of Christmas.

God, love, family and giving to those less fortunate. 

This Christmas you are two years old.  You ask me to turn the lights on the tree.  You know it's too pretty to touch {which I think is adorable}.  You love the way the cozy house feels.  You love the snowman that shakes his booty and you keep trying to steal his poor glued on candy cane.  YOU love candy canes. 

Tonight, on Christmas Eve...we will decorate the tree with candy canes with you, set cookies out for Santa with a glass of milk, get you snug as a bug in your jammies and tuck you into bed...together. 

THAT in and of itself makes my life full.  So full that gifts seem silly to me now.  YOU are my gift Bray.  Your happiness, your hugs, buzzers, kisses, snuggles and smiles are my gift. 


We love you Brayden.  Merry Christmas.
-Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

Mommy Mac said...

I totally agree with you. The smiles on their faces and the joy in their eyes are everything I want and more.

We are really lucky to have these gifts in our lives everyday.

I hope your Christmas was wonderful. With Brayden, I am sure it was.

.mac :)