Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby Steps...

As you know...we moved into a new house in December.  It still needs a ton of work, and I have tons of projects on my to do list I really don't know where to start.  I have started and finished some things, and am in the process of painting our stairwell/hallway/stairs and moldings right now.  The walls are a nice color, so they can stay, but the white molding seriously needed some fresh paint, as did the stairs that used to be carpeted.  Most everything is a work in progress, but I can't wait to show you the "after" pictures once this is complete.  Looks like our kitchen will finally be done here in the next week or so, and I am more than tickled about that.  Here are some icky before and mid process pics of our hallway-stairs etc.  Stay tuned for the after pics...it's coming along so nicely I can hardly wait to just get it done with already ;-)

First coat of white...


I am keeping the top of the step brown, but it's a lighter shade...it is coming along slowly...


Please excuse the yuck!  This is ONE of the three doors in this hallway that need painting. 
This door goes to the basement and side door...


This door goes into the livingroom, although its a great architectural door, its quite a pain in the toosh to paint, and the front door is exactly like this one...ARGH!
It is getting there though, and will look SO much cleaner, nicer, brighter when it's done.  I love paint.
The livingroom walls need to be painted next.  They are a horrible STARK white that I just cannot handle.  I need at least a cream color, or tan...but here is the Rob Sigler pics we had taken last year that I have been dying to display!  Ignore the white walls-they will soon be gone...but don't you just LOVE how this turned out?  It took me two hours to measure and hang these bad boys...it was like a comedy act.  Seriously.


Happy Decorating Ladies...and check back for some after pics this week!!!

No comments: