Monday, December 22, 2008

Almost ready for Christmas...

The last few weeks have been hectic with trying to get ready for Christmas! I decided this year to make handmade gifts for most everyone-our family is so very large that purchasing gifts for everyone would be insane, and handmade gifts are more fun anyways! This has forced me to be ultra creative though this year-and Ron too! Ron actually handmade my big gift, and one for my mom too! He of course won't tell me anything about mine, but if it's anything like the gift he made my mom-I will surely be impressed. He never ceases to amaze me-he is known in my family to be the best "gift giver" around-he is so thoughtful with things like that. I would LOVE to post pictures of the things I have made so far because they are really cool-but I can't until after the Holidays for obvious reasons.

We are anticipating spending time with family and friends over the next few days, baking cookies, a ham (and I will not let it smoke up the kitchen either!), wrapping gifts, etc etc. Ron decorated the Christmas tree this morning because I am so behind with work, making gifts-everything that only the lights were on it as of last night! I usually love to do this as a family, but I did not mind this year, just one less thing on my long list of things to get done. Plus-he let me sleep in while he did it, and had coffee ready for me when I woke up (Merry Christmas to me :-)

More than anything this year, I have made it a point to be more conscious of our blessings, and more in tune with realizing all of the wonderful gifts God has given me and my family. We are truly blessed and grateful for everything, and I feel very loved and fulfilled. We hope everyone has a safe and blessed Christmas and that you take a few minutes from your day to be thankful, grateful and to count all of the wonderful blessings we sometimes take for granted. We wish everyone a wonderful, loving, warm and happy Holiday. God Bless

-The Snow Family

No comments: