Sunday, May 9, 2010

I did it!

I did something I have feared doing for a long time. 

I got back on a stage, under the spotlights, and in front of an audience, and sang my heart out.

I sang "I love Paris in the Springtime".

I felt nervous at first, but it melted away the second I took one step back on the stage.

It was the old Shannon I remembered being growing up performing on a stage.

It was the old voice I remember hearing growing up performing on stage.

It's amazing when you think you've lost something you once loved so much...

It was the most amazing feeling Ive had in a really long time.

I was not lost...the old me is still very much there...and I cannot wait to do it again.

The song even sounded better on stage than it had during my rehearsals...

It's like I came alive on stage again ;-)

I felt strong, I felt confident, and afterwards...proud of myself...

Sometimes doing things you fear is worth it.  I showed myself that I could do it again. 

I did it!

{hopefully I will have some video to post soon}

1 comment:

Candy said...

I am soooo proud of you!!! I'm sure you were amazing (as always). Can't wait to see the video. Doesn't it feel good to 'live' again? I feel the same way about my dance classes this year.